- Clifton Suspension Bridge II Monochrome IR image of Clifton Suspension Bridge, Bristol, Avon.
- Clifton Suspension Bridge I Monochrome IR image of Clifton Suspension Bridge, Bristol, Avon.
- Prince of Wales Bridge Monochrome IR image of The Prince of Wales Bridge, Avon.
- Low Lighthouse II Monochrome IR image of Low Lighthouse, Burnham On Sea, Somerset.
- Low Lighthouse I Monochrome IR image of Low Lighthouse, Burnham On Sea, Somerset.
- The Wreck Monochrome IR image of The Wreck, River Chelmer, Maldon, Essex.
- Otterton Mill Monochrome IR image of Swans on the River Otter, Otterton, Devon.
- Orcombe Point Monochrome IR image of Orcombe Point, Exmouth, Devon.
- The Groyne Monochrome IR image of the River Exe Estuary, Exmouth, Devon.
Monochrome Infrared photography is a fascinating subject. Images are captured at wavelengths between 700nm to 900nm which are beyond the visible light spectrum we use for traditional colour photography.
IR photography can be used to capture a considerable level of detail and structure depending on the chosen subject, weather conditions and level and direction of light, creating unique and intriguing images
The images captured here have been taken with a specially converted Nikon D800E DSLR camera.
IR photography in post processing is a complex subject with many options open depending on the end result and effect required.
If you would like to learn more about this fascinating genre of photography then please contact me direct.
If you are considering moving into IR Photography and are looking for an expert company to carry out your camera conversion. I would recommend using Advanced Camera Services who carried out the conversion of the Nikon D800E and provided invaluable information on compatible lens performance.