- Harvest Time - River Crouch Estuary A mallard cruises along the river in the foreground whilst harvesting features in the background
- Salmon Pool Weir - Cormorant (Phalacrocoracidae) A beautiful cormorant balances gracefully on a protruding branch at the weir's edge
- The Journey - Wild Mallard (Anatidae) A group of juvenile mallard make their way across open grassland
- Nesting - Wild Mute Swan (Cygnus olor) A female mute swan sits patiently on her nest waiting the return of the proud male.
- Salmon Pool Weir- Yellow Wagtail (Motacilla flava) A yellow wagtails stretches out to catch a quick meal at the weir's edge.
- Riverside Feeding - Wild Mallard (Anatidae) A pair of breeding mallard feeding at the weir's edge.
- Pond Life - River Crouch Estuary Three mallard wander across the pond as a spring storm gathers in the background.
- Salmon Pool Weir - Cormorant (Phalacrocoracidae) A group of cormorant gather at the weir's edge to bask in the early morning sunight.
- Kingfisher (Alcedines) A beautiful Kingfisher waits patiently for a meal to swim by, on a jutting branch
Riverside creatures covers a wide range of wild bird species you would typically see around British rivers, lakes and inland seashores. All of these Images have been taken in either a rural countryside or seaside setting. The use of a hide or some element of body and equipment camouflage has been necessary to capture some of the more timid birds.
All behavior is natural, having built up a level of mutual trust over many months. This has allowed unique aspects of their behavior to be photographed using natural sunlight to showcase their beauty and amazing colour.